Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winter begins...

Today we woke up to snow!  Not much, around 1/4", but snow nonetheless.  Which means, no more backyard agility for awhile probably :(  Penny wasn't so sure about the snow at first, and really didn't want to be outside in it until I remembered to get her boots out.  She wasn't sure about those either for a minute or so, but quickly got used to them and was running around sniffing and eating snow. 


Anyways, we were able to get some agility in yesterday before the snow at least!  We were mostly just messing around and having fun, since it had been quite a few days since we did anything due to the holidays and everything.  I wanted to try out our new tunnel, which was a birthday gift from my grandparents, and also work on some weave entries and going on to other obstacles from the weaves.  The tunnel unfortunately is not sturdy enough to use sandbags, it has to be staked so we won't be able to use it inside, but that's okay.  We should probably practice jumping anyways, which can be done inside easily.  Same with some small sequencing/handling practice.


I probably shouldn't have used the toy after jumps, though.  Forgot about that.  Oops!  I think I am starting to be able to see the difference.  When the jumps are at the beginning of the sequence, I think she jumps alright (:14, :41, and :50 even though I think my handling is to blame for that last one) but when they are at the end and she is anticipating the toy being thrown, it's more ugly (1:16, dropped a bar there too, no surprise)

No comments:

Post a Comment