Sunday, December 11, 2011

Great class today!

Penny was so awesome at Agility class tonight.  She did everything I asked her to do (including things I didn't mean to ask!), including sequences with 6 weave poles.  I'm so proud of her!  Now I just need to get a better grip on MY end of things ;)  Namely: 1) Not stopping dead in my tracks before weaves.  Bad habit I seem to have gotten into from only ever standing behind them while training them.  She did just fine with me running slightly ahead as she gets the entry so she'll be fine with it as soon as I learn to just KEEP GOING!! :P  and 2) Brush up on basic handling stuff, like when/where/how to cue turns, extension, and collection.  I have watched a bunch of different videos on this probably a hundred different times, and it makes perfect sense/I understand it all but for whatever reason when I actually go to DO a sequence, it all flies out of my brain.

We are going to a USDAA match in Sellersburg next weekend, so excited!!  Between now and then, I will definitely do some 2o2o work and *hopefully* some more short sequences with jumps and weaves.  (Depends on how the weather behaves, and also my job since it gets dark so early now!)  Oh, and re-reading the rules for Snooker ;)

2 comments:

  1. Breathe! You guys are doing amazing so far :) Handling takes time - the point is you generally have a good idea of what it should be. If you don't know what it is you're aiming for it's much harder to get there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Penny! Good luck at your match :)

    ReplyDelete